The Pat Whelan Fund is named after a former volunteer member of IFCO. The aim of the fund is to support young people, who may otherwise be unable to do so, to attend and participate in IFCO conferences and events. Since 2007, through generous individual and corporate donations, young people in care and care leavers from various parts of the world have been able to meet other young people, adults and decision makers at IFCO conferences.
If you would like to apply for support from the Pat Whelan Fund to attend IFCO 2020 in Montreal check the criteria for applying to the Fund below.
Criteria for applying to the Pat Whelan Fund:
- All applicants must hold current Youth Membership of the International Foster Care Organisation;
- If you are not a current member of IFCO you may join here
- All applicants must be between 14 and 29 years of age at the time of the conference;
- Applicants must have a formal care experience;
- Applicants must submit a personal statement answering the following question: what value will your attendance at an IFCO conference add to your life and your community?
Please note successful applicants are sponsored by the IFCO Pat Whelan Fund on no more than one occasion in a three-year period.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please email Jean Anne our Operations and Project Manager at IFCO here with the words ‘Pat Whelan Youth Fund’ in the subject line.