IFCO (International Foster Care Organisation) is a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) and a Charity, registered at 10 Queen’s Street Place, London, EC4R 1AG, UK .
This privacy statement outlines how IFCO manages the information you provide, while you use this site, in compliance with data protection legislation.
Type of information we collect
The type of information we collect may include personal data which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This includes name, postal or email address, telephone number and other contact information you provide on our online forms. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website or email.
If you become a member, donate or purchase on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive these details. This service is provided by a third-party financial service with their own data protection procedures.
If you set up a direct debit donation we will require your BIC and IBAN numbers.
How and why we use the information you provide
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to process and communicate with you about your membership;
- to process your donation;
- to register your interest in and communicate with you about
- our services
- our campaigns and advocacy work
- our fundraising events and activities
- our training courses/ workshops and our publications
- our volunteer opportunities
- our conferences and other IFCO events and programmes
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our website and other social media platforms to understand how visitors use them.
- to market to you according to your preferences;
- to process your contract, job or volunteer placement applications;
- to respond to your queries and information requests;
- to register your subscription to a mailing list(s) and eNewsletter(s);
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists and eNewsletter at any time, by clicking on the ‘update preferences or unsubscribe’ link at the foot of the email, this link appears on every eNewsletter we send out.
- to respond to any feedback, you provide or a complaint you make;
- to conduct research and analysis to monitor the performance of our campaigns, appeals, events and products.
IFCO will process your personal data based on the following grounds:
- Your consent; for, where you have provided consent to receiving marketing information from IFCO.
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract (or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you). For example, where you have taken out membership with IFCO and we need to use your contact details and payment information to process your membership.
- Where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which IFCO is subject;
- Where it is in IFCO’s legitimate interest to;
- administer and record your membership and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- administer and record your donation and to keep a record of your giving relationship with us;
- provide you with information about any fundraising activities or campaigns that you have agreed to take part in;
- provide you with information necessary for any conferences, training, workshop or event you sign up for;
- assess contractor, employee and volunteer applications and recruit contractors, employees and volunteers;
- follow up with your queries;
- assess our membership, conference, training and fundraising activities.
IFCO does not carry out automated decision making. We analyse the outcomes of our membership, fundraising campaigns, conferences, training and engagement with you. This allows us to understand how our engagement with you works, enables us to make appropriate requests from you and ensure that communications with you are relevant.
You can opt out of your personal data being used for this type of analysis by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Danielle Douglas, contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract/Job Application Data
All documentation received by IFCO in relation to contract/job applications will be processed in accordance with Data Protection legislation. The information will only be used by IFCO for its legitimate interests, in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with contract/job candidates. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties except to make contact for the legitimate purpose of seeking references from referees nominated by the potential contractor/employee. If you are offered a contract/job by IFCO, this information (that provided by you and references) will be added to your contractor/employee file, otherwise it will be retained for a year from close of the application process.
How long will IFCO retain your personal data?
IFCO holds personal data for a range of time periods, these are guided by statutory requirements for certain data (e.g. financial records and employment), our contractual obligations and our business and risk management requirements. Within these parameters we are committed to retaining personal data for the shortest time possible.
Disclosure of information to third parties
- We may, from time-to-time, ask you for permission to give some of your personal details to a third party if we think it is in your interests. For example, we may recommend to our members a conference related to foster care in which IFCO has an organisational role. In this instance we may inform you of the conference and ask you to allow us to give your contact details to the conference organisers so that you may be sent information about the conference.
- We will not trade your personal details with third parties.
- We will disclose your personal data if we are required to disclose it to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
- The information received from you may be disclosed to a third party acting on behalf of IFCO, but only to allow us to process your membership, donation or purchase of conference/training places and/or provide you with any other service you have signed up for with IFCO.
Some of these services maybe located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We select these services based on their guarantees in relation to the security measures they have in place, their compliance with data protection legislation and where required appropriate contractual arrangements. By submitting your personal data for such purposes, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Donor data will be sent to third party printing and/or mailing houses to fulfil and send our fundraising appeals/campaigns/updates by post. We will have Data Processing Agreements in place with these processors.
Updating your preferences with IFCO will not guarantee that you never see IFCO content on social media, since the social media site may select you based on other criteria and without your data having been provided by IFCO.
The personal data you provide to IFCO is securely held. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot 100% guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet to be secure. However, once we receive your personal data we take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing.
Right of access to and updating or deleting your personal data
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access information
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of personal data
- The right of restriction
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling
For further information on your rights see the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Correcting or accessing your data
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed above, or update your contact details, please write to us at email@example.com.
If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write to IFCO’s Data Protection Officer, Danielle Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a concern about the manner in which we collect or use your personal data, you can raise your concern with us at email@example.com or with the Information Commissioner at +44 303 123 1113
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or your personal data at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Statement Review
This Privacy Statement will be the subject of change each year when IFCO reviews its data protection policies. Please check our website to view the most recent changes.