Since it was founded in 1981 IFCO has been an international membership-driven organisation, with an emphasis on supporting those across the globe who are directly involved in foster and kinship care for children. IFCO also connects people with care-experience from around the world. Our members are united in the vision that, if they so wish, all children in alternative care across the world should live in family-based care because this form of care offers children the best opportunity to grow and prosper.
Members become part of IFCO’s network of foster carers, kinship carers, foster families, young people, care sector professionals, researchers and experts. As a member you will be:
- Invited to attend and vote at IFCO’s AGM
- Entitled to nominate for election as an IFCO Board Member
- Added to our mailing list to receive regular e-newsletters sharing the latest IFCO news and events as well as updates on the foster care sector
- Eligible for at least 10% discounted registration at IFCO conferences. These are respected international and regional events that bring together those involved in foster care from all over the world
- Access to publications and research resources compiled by IFCO
- Dedicated members’ area on IFCO’s website
- Eligible for discounted tickets to IFCO’s live in person seminars, live online webinars and recorded webinars.
IFCO members are divided into three categories:
- Youth (aged 14-29)
- Organisational Members (Organisations can register 10 people with the same access benefits that Individual members* have and the organisation has 3 votes at the IFCO AGM.)
Members from Developing Countries
Membership fees for individuals and youths are reduced if you live in a developing country with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than $13,000 USD. If you’re unsure about your country details see the World Bank Data here.
Membership application/renewal payment details [Click on the renewal amount to be sent to the registration page]
|GENERAL||JOIN / RENEW|
|Individual||£ 30 GBP|
|Youth||£ 15 GBP|
|DEVELOPING COUNTRIES||JOIN / RENEW|
|Individual||£ 13 GBP|
|Youth||£ 7 GBP|
|ORGANISATIONS (full membership, based on annual income)||JOIN / RENEW|
|< £100,000||£ 40 GBP|
|£100,000 – £249,999||£ 100 GBP|
|£250,000 – £499,999||£ 200 GBP|
|£500,000 – £999,999||£ 250 GBP|
|over £1,000,000||£ 420 GBP|
IFCO membership is valid for 12 months from the time you join. You will automatically receive an email renewal reminder before your membership expires.
If you have questions about membership fee payments please email the Jean Anne at email@example.com using ‘membership payment query’ in the subject heading.
You can join IFCO by clicking on the above buttons relevant to your membership type. All applications will be approved by IFCO’s Board and confirmed by email.