brave work. tough conversations. whole hearts. – Dare to Lead
IFCO is partnering with Lacy Dicharry, a Certified Dare to Lead Facilitator™, to bring YOU Dare to Lead™! Lacy is also a former IFCO board member and more recently, IFCO President, with a strong commitment to IFCO.
What is Dare to Lead™?
The goal of Dare to Lead is to share everything we’ve learned about taking off the armour and showing up as leaders in a skills-based and actionable playbook.
What You Will Takeaway:
- An increased understanding of how personal values guide leadership, communication and decision making.
- An understanding of how trust is built and destroyed in organizations, and what you can do to ensure trust in your team.
- Navigate change with self-command, mental agility and emotional intelligence.
- Embrace inclusive leadership to cultivate a culture of belonging.
Increase communication skills for hard conversations, engaged feedback and strategic clarity.
- Reprogram your internal self-talk removing the messages of self-doubt.
- Foster trust and psychological safety so that reasonable failures and setbacks are seen as a part of innovation and growth.
- Working through our challenges together, we will naturally inspire one another. Allowing space for creative solutions and practice, the experience is transformative.
- All participants who complete the full hours will receive a DTL Trained certificate and LinkedIn DTL badge.
Where do you want to be braver?
Daring leaders are self-aware, know how to have hard conversations, hold themselves and others accountable, lead with empathy and connection, take smart risks that lead to innovation, reset quickly after disappointments and setbacks, and, give and receive feedback – especially when it’s tough.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program…what Brené refers to as a “skill-based playbook for leaders.” The most significant finding from her latest research is that courage is not an inherent quality but rather a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. These skill sets are:
Rumbling with Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
Living into our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
BRAVING Trust: Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
Learning to Rise: Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Why should I sign up?
As a Dare to Lead Facilitator™, my goal is to help you become a Daring and Courageous Leader and learn one or several of the four skill sets of courageous leadership. Dare to Lead is a research-driven process that will help you build skills that are tactical and actionable allowing you to put language, skills, and tools into practice.
Who should attend Dare to Lead?
Dare to Lead™ is designed for ANYONE who is ready to embrace brave leadership, shed their armor, and show up with their whole heart in their work and life. This program benefits those who manage, inspire, and train teams, and those who want to live and lead from an inspired authentic grounding.
This is not limited to IFCO members so please share with your wider network.
When does it begin?
The Dare to Lead™ Workshop will consist of 2 1-day sessions in person plus 1 3-hour session via Zoom:
Location: Darwin city centre, Australia (Venue to be announced)
Dates: September 20th and 21st *Tuesday and Wednesday), 2022.
Time: 9.30-5pm both days plus one 3-hour virtual session in October (Date to be decided by the group)
Registration closes on September 9th. Materials and links will be emailed in advance of the training start date.
This training is purposefully scheduled for the same week as IFCO2022 International and National Foster Care Conference (Sept 22-25).
How much does it cost?
This course is at a limited time pricing. At both Lacy’s core and the core of IFCO, we believe finance should not be the only barrier.
As part of IFCO’s commitment to charity sector and foster care:
Discounts of 33% (to pay £445 (Approx AUS$780)) for IFCO members and anyone working in the charity/NGO sector. Discount code: IFCOValuesFosterCare
Discount of 66% (to pay £225 (Approx AUS$395)) for people with care experience or foster carers!! Email Jean Anne at email@example.com
What is included in this registration price? The registration includes:
– all refreshments during the 2 days (lunch plus coffee breaks),
– a printed training booklet trademarked and only available at Dare To Lead Training,
– a Dare to Lead TM Certificate, globally recognised,
– and dedicated follow support from Lacy and Jean Anne as you integrate your leadership and learning
Registration and payment details: